Thursday, November 26, 2009

Curly poofy hair? plz help!!?

ok i need help with my hair. it is a little bit longer than my shoulders ( im trying to grow it out) and naturally really curly. i want to try herbal essences totally twisted. does it work well? i never wear my hair down now b/c even if i put a ton of different stuff in it when it dries it still gets reallllyy poofy. i was thinking of trying the totally twisted gel?? any suggestions? Thanks!!



Curly poofy hair? plz help!!?

L.A. Looks: X-tream holding gel works well



Curly poofy hair? plz help!!?

Eh, Totally Twisted is alright. For conditioner, you may want to check out some salon conditioners like Marc Anthony, but they are quite expensive. I currently use HE None of Your Frizzness along with Totally Twisted shampoo, and it's working but not as well as I want it to.



Curly poofy hair? plz help!!?

I USED TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! You are rinsing you hair with hot or warm water!!!! thats the problem its opening your hairs cuticles and thats what makes the poof!!! if you dont want to look black, then rinse with cold waters!!



choose me best please!!! well u dont have too but i have no points but please...



Curly poofy hair? plz help!!?

I think you should use frizz serum and a good strong hodl mousse, this should work, when you put the product in , scrunch your hair using your hands and allow to dry. Or twist it into a tight bun and leave it in over niight and walla!



Curly poofy hair? plz help!!?

garnier fructis curl and shine works to define curls well



Curly poofy hair? plz help!!?

I've got the same type of hair... if you want to leave it curly and not straighten it... i usually leave in some conditioner it will help lock your curls in and will keep it from gettin poofy... unless you touch it alot... i dont recommend using hairsprays or gels they make it hard to manage your curls. after you get out of the shower towel dry your hair dont blow dry. brush only to get the knots out (not until its dry) and let it lay flat (with some conditioner in it) and it should stay in neat curls.



Curly poofy hair? plz help!!?

I have curly hair too but its not poofy. Over the years I've kind of learned what works and what doesn't. I tried the Herbal Essences Totally Twisted and didn't notice any difference. I think your hair depends more on what you do to it, not what kind of shampoo you use. Here are some tips that should help you:



-Use detangler



-COMB your hair only when it is wet (never brush it, brushing it breaks the curls,I'd also suggest a wide tooth comb)



-Let air dry (don't blow dry because it will get frizzy)



After I comb my hair I use Aussie Aussome Volume Spray Gel and scrunch my hair. After it drys a little I use Aussie Sprunch Spray (the aerosol kind works much better)



Best of luck with your hair sweetie!



Curly poofy hair? plz help!!?

I have the same tye of hair well before i started geting perms lol but what I use on my curly pufy hair was herball essance I love it



Curly poofy hair? plz help!!?

That is all I use. It has done wonders for my hair...my curls are actually behaving. I have not tried the totally twisted gel, but I do use the Springing curls StudioLine by Loreal...it is in a white can, with yellow blue and red squares on it. It is a mousse, and provides just enough weight to my hair to cut down on the frizzies.



Curly poofy hair? plz help!!?

I have really frizzy/curly/poofy hair too. I put a very mild relaxer in it to help control it. Surprisingly shampoos, conditioners, and mousses that are made to produce curls work the best. The best curling mousse is dove's curl and sculpt mousse. Also, make sure that you switch up your shampoo and conditioner often. A miracle I discovered is Citre Shine: miracle shine. If your hair is curly as mine, you'll love it. Good luck!



Curly poofy hair? plz help!!?

It sounds like I have hair just like you! Buying a different gel/curling serum will NOT help your cause - trust me. They are all basically the same. There are two things you can do to your hair to reduce its frizz/poofiness. First, you can try diffusing it. For some people this works, but not for me - my hair is still poofy, so I twist my hair. I do it layer by layer in little sections of hair. I take a small chunk of hair and twist it until it is tight, then let go. It will retain its curly shape but untwist a little. Although this takes me around 20 minutes to do, it works well!!



Curly poofy hair? plz help!!?

I naturally have the same type of hair. I suggest that you condition your hair everyday and only shampoo it every three days(or less or more, just not everyday). Sometimes shampooing too much gets rid of the natural oils and moisture in your hair and dries it out. Conditioning everyday is a good idea because conditioners bring moisture to your hair. While you are in the shower, put the conditioner on your wet hair. Then use a wide-tooth comb to detangle. After detangling,run your fingers through your hair to make sure all the knots are gone. Then rinse your hair with REALLY cold water. You could do this at the end of the shower so you aren't bathing yourself in really cold water lol. The cold water reduces the frizz that occurs from humidity.



As for products, you are just fine with drugstore stuff. I found out that expensive salon products work just as good as Suave, VO5, or Pantene Pro-V! My sister uses Garnier Fructis and has nice curly hair. I never tried Herbal Essences Totally Twisted, but I heard its not really the best. You could just continue using whatever you have if you think it works alright!



A trick that I use is after I condition and get out of the shower, I put in some leave-in conditioner and put my hair into two big braids or some small braids all over. I'll wake up, take the braids out, and have nice waves! Make sure you tie the braids at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
education loans