Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Is there a way to make my african american daughter's coarse, dry hair curly?

My daughters hair is coarse and dry it is very managable not really kinky. She is only four so I usally have it braided with beads or in pony tails that are braided or twisted. The beads last about two weeks but in between braiding the ponytails do not last the entire school day. When I pick her up she looks a mess, hair sticking up everywhere. Is there a way I can make her hair curly so that it is easier to style and lasts at least all day? Help any other suggestions would be great.



Is there a way to make my african american daughter's coarse, dry hair curly?

Try Frizz Ease products step 1-5...all of them at least a few times a week.



Also even when her hair is in braids the key is keeping it conditioned. Use BB supergro conditioner on the scalp when it is in braids...and then spray the braids AT LEAST once daily (I usually do it a few times daily when in braids) with a leave in conditioner. I am not talking about a little spray either. Saturate her braids with it.



When you take the braids out wash it right away and then while it is still wet and warm put some wash out conditioner in it (my personal favorite for this is herbal essences but any work) dont just put a little in...coat her hair with it...wrap it in a towel if she can stand the towel being wet than wrap it in a wet towel and leave it like that at least an hour...or best is over night. Do NOT wash the wash out conditioner out...just leave it in. I do that whenever I style my daughters hair too.



There are a ton of products out there and everyones hair responds differently to different things. These are just things I have found to help.



Stay away from Pink Lotion it has chemicals that dry the hair out more.



Try Motions or KMS makes some great products too.



There are many out there. But like I said the key is always always always making sure it is conditioned and not just with grease.



Also frizz ease has one step called Dream Curls some days I will just use that with the wash out conditioner that I leave in and that works great too. I love dream curls!!!



Good luck!



Is there a way to make my african american daughter's coarse, dry hair curly?

sorry this is not a answer as i have same prob wi my daughter apart from hers is very curly just wondering where do u get it braided and how long does it take?



Is there a way to make my african american daughter's coarse, dry hair curly?

Hair dresser .. haha , I mean they can do anything with any type of hair.



Is there a way to make my african american daughter's coarse, dry hair curly?

Her hair isn't naturally curly? I'm black and if her hair is coarse I'm not sure there is anything that will make it curly...let me ask around--I can prolbley tell you a product that may help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
education loans