Saturday, June 19, 2010

My 8 yr old bi-racial niece has dry, thick curly long hair. hard 2 manage. will thinning it help?

her hair is curly and past her back when wet. when it dries, its under her shoulders. its terribly thick hair, beautiful loose ringlets when its wet, but look out when it dries. her mom puts all this junk on it...i dont think it helps...only helps when braiding her hair.



can or will thinning it help?



I am caring for her right now while mom is sick, and want to do something for her hair so we dont have to condition, moisturize and then put goop on it. some have suggested extra virgin oil is all i need to work with her hair. but if it was a white girls hair, we would have it thinned out. does this work the same way on black children's hair?



My 8 yr old bi-racial niece has dry, thick curly long hair. hard 2 manage. will thinning it help?

Absolutely do not get that child's hair thinned. It will turn it into a huge frizzy cotton ball. After you wash it, you have to put on a conditioner, and moisturizer no matter what. Ethnic hair is naturally very dry. It does not produce as much oil naturally as white peoples hair. I would recommend washing it only every two days.



My 8 yr old bi-racial niece has dry, thick curly long hair. hard 2 manage. will thinning it help?

Interesting-That's what I said and gave even more information and detail!!!!!!!! Oh well............... Report It



My 8 yr old bi-racial niece has dry, thick curly long hair. hard 2 manage. will thinning it help?

Gotta try Mixed Chicks products for curly hair. Report It



My 8 yr old bi-racial niece has dry, thick curly long hair. hard 2 manage. will thinning it help?

Yeah-mixed chicks leave in cond worked really good in my sons hair but I didn't like the smell. But for someone who has a lot of hair it seems to me like it would get really expensive. Report It



My 8 yr old bi-racial niece has dry, thick curly long hair. hard 2 manage. will thinning it help?

You could try pressing it.



If braiding it is working then you might want to stick with that for now. I'm not sure what thinning it means..?



My 8 yr old bi-racial niece has dry, thick curly long hair. hard 2 manage. will thinning it help?

you could use a diffrent shapoo, no don't thin it out, u may want to cut it shorter, and comb it when your in the shower after conditionin, and when you get out, then recomb it while mid dry, and when its dry, comb it again, it makes the hair less tangeled, and don't hair dry it or anything



My 8 yr old bi-racial niece has dry, thick curly long hair. hard 2 manage. will thinning it help?

I suggest you either press it out or keep it braided.



Tips on Black hair:



1. Don't wash it everyday.



2. Use African American products.



3. Uh, no we don't thin hair out.



I don't know who told you to put EVOO on it. I suggest using Luster Pink Oil Moisturizer %26amp; other Luster Pink products. They are very kid friendly.



My 8 yr old bi-racial niece has dry, thick curly long hair. hard 2 manage. will thinning it help?

ok u could use a straighner conair might take awile or use suddenley straight braid it or get it cut pink mousturizer works o and LAYER IT



My 8 yr old bi-racial niece has dry, thick curly long hair. hard 2 manage. will thinning it help?

NO don't thin her hair!!!! It's not the same as us white girls. It will be choppy like and will take off the good ends of the curl. You must use lots of conditioner. I like Paul Mitchell Leave In even the generic brand. Also Neutrogena Leave in Cream Triple Moisture and garnier leave in conditioning cream curl and shine. Condition her hair every day but don't shampoo it every day. Just every other day or two. Don't brush her hair-only comb it very gently starting at the ends when it is wet with leave in conditioner in it.



There is also Just for Me products



Miss Jessies baby buttercreme (online and expensive but lots of good reviews)



Also these products http://www.blendedbeauty.ca/types.html



and here is another website http://www.naturallycurly.com/index.php



I haven't tried these products but I have my eye on the blended beauty ones-they seem the most resonable to me.



There is also mixedchicks.net. I ordered a sample of the hismix for my son and although the leave in worked really good-really good. I didn't like the smell very much. But I have heard a lot of reviews about it not being enough-like using the jar very quickly because of having so much hair-but you could mix it with a store brand leave in conditioner. Pink Lotion NEVER worked well for my son's hair but you can always try it as it is not very expensive. Do NOT straighten or relax the hair just try to enhance the curl!!!!!! Let it dry naturally and don't use a hair dryer and don't comb it when it is dry. My hair is straight/wavy but I do know that Curly hair no matter what ethnicity requires a lot of care and attention so you're still gonna have to put stuff in it.



Hope this helped you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
education loans